Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chinese New Year

February 3


Our sweet neighbor popped over to our house on this morning to give Lucey a red envelope. The red color of the envelope symbolizes good luck and is supposed to ward off evil spirits. The amount of money contained in the envelope usually ends with an even digit and sure enough, there was a $2 bill inside. It's been wonderful being surrounded by neighbors who are Asian and include us in their traditions. We are always being showered with yummy food from neighbors on both sides of us. They adore Lucey and show her lots of attention. (Adam and Lin broke up in late January....we will miss Lin. Lucey talks about her and misses her. We missed her celebrating Chinese New Year with us. They are starting to become friends again. I'm glad.)




Ron was out of town and we had evening activities so we had a quick dinner together and we fudged a little....we ordered from our favorite Thai restaurant. They have the best food. So we ate Pad Thai noodles.






I decorated a little...I mainly wanted Lucey to know that her culture means so much to us. Celebrating who she is and where she comes from.


It's been so long since I have last posted. Late winter and Spring have been incredibly busy for us and I'm not as graceful as some of my blogger friends who have even more going on in their lives than I do and continue to journal and share their life stories. Those of you whom I keep up with....I'm in awe of you. You need to teach me how to organize and juggle my schedule better.




Stay tuned, I'm home today! Yippee! I'm going to try and do a blogging marathon. I am not giving up on keeping our memories journaled. I came close to quitting. Shame on me.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving us an update! We also moved Zoe into a bed recently and she loves it. I also searched for the perfect bed for her but ended up using the bottom half of a bunk bed.

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments