Friday, December 17, 2010

School Parties and Open Houses....

Yesterday morning was a little nutty-- the Science open house for both Andrew and Christian and Lucey's school party. I made the cupcakes the night before and lost steam. So I was up at 5:00 a.m. baking scones (Andrew's choice to take to school) and lemon mini muffins for Christian's class. Andrew headed out the door with his contribution because his Science class meets first period. He also had a few gifts he wanted to take for friends and one special teacher.


I started stacking all the goodies by the front door to load up. Lucey's cupcakes and her teacher gift....I wish I had a picture of Lucey. She looked so cute this morning. It was just too crazy. After spending some time in her classroom getting all settled I raced to the Middle School. I missed Andrew's class and power point slide presentation. I felt so bad about that. I just can't be in two places at the same time. With Ron out of town...it's a little more difficult.


I was there for Christian. He has Science second period...lucky for me. The Science room is beautiful with an area for lectures and note taking and an area with modules set up for hands on learning. They also have an area to dissect. This is Christian's computer and he had his presentation set up and ready to go.

His Module was on Ecology. This time around he didn't have a partner...on his own. He did well.


We walked around to all the modules. They will have 15 total by the end of the year. They are set up for success. This is the human body module.


I got out of the room quickly when the bell rang so I could tell Andrew I was sorry for missing his class. He was so sweet about it. "No problem, mommy." Their buddies came over and they let me snap a group photo. Such a cute fresh faced bunch.
God Bless--
xoxoxo,
beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments