Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beyond Organic

This past week our family was blessed with visitors from Minnesota on their way to El Paso, TX....a Military family we have not seen in four year. Michelle and 5 of their 7 kiddos came for an overnight visit before heading off on the rest of their journey. They came with organic eggs from their very own chickens, a huge squash from their organic garden, homemade apple sauce and salsa. Why is it "beyond organic"? Michelle's garden is on the land where she grew up. Her family farm-- and she knows her soil so well and knows it is completely pure. Another reason why her produce is "beyond organic" -- she puts so much love into her gardening. What a wonderful hostess gift. We had so much to catch up on; the visit was much too short.

I still need to make something with the squash....it's sitting on my counter waiting to be devoured. Hmmmmm....I'll figure out something.

We have been running in many directions the last 4 days. I was barely home yesterday. Yesterday morning I told Lucey we had a big day planned. She looked at me with a serious face and said, "Mommy, I want to have a little day." Today is thankfully going to be a "little" day. I have a lot to do but I can do quite a bit of it from the house. Lucey can chill. She needs some down time.

I hope you are getting some down time too. :-)

xoxoxo
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments