Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful

We had such a wonderful, easy going Thanksgiving day and weekend. I didn't focus on making everything perfect. I only cleaned a few rooms and it really wasn't my best work. I did, however, enjoy cooking. Ron joined me in the kitchen and we worked well together...he did all the clean-up. How nice was that. Adam came in and chopped onions and Christian took over when Adam couldn't take the tears anymore. Lovely Lin was our guest and she brought sushi that she made special for us....oh how the troops devoured it. So delicious. She also brought a dish that was similar to a dumpling that we served along side our traditional meal.







The troops dove in so fast I couldn't snap a picture quick enough.












Lin brought a sesame/bean type dessert. Lucey was trying very hard to use the chop sticks. The sweet was a bit different than what we are used to but it was very good and we were so thankful that Lin shared her cuisine with us.
We shopped on Saturday and squeezed in a movie too. The lights went up on the outside of the house and on the inside, it was time to take down the fall and prepare for Christmas. I'm looking forward to bringing out the Christmas decor this week. Lucey is too. My little helper.

Psalm 100:4

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
I'm thankful for my family and friends and for all the many blessings in our lives.
xoxoxo
Beth

1 comment:

  1. SO thankful you all had such a great holiday! Hoping your time of decorating goes great!!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments