Monday, February 15, 2010

Putting on the Full Amour of God

Do you remember being 12? I believe the middle school years can be the most difficult. I remember it was a difficult time for Adam --Adam turned 12 four days after Ron left for Iraq and turned 13 on the day Ron arrive home. Adam grew 6 inches that year. The body is changing and emotions, at times, can be all over the place. As you know, Andrew and Christian just turned 12...they are identical twins but the Lord made them very different. We try and remind them of that.

“For YOU created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well.” Psalm 139: 13-14

They are in school for the first time in three years (I homeschooled) and that has been an eye opener. We have had many conversations about things that make my heart break (I'm so thankful they share a lot with me even though it makes my toes curl). Kids are exposed to so much and some kids talk about these things at school. One of my guys is haunted by some of these images. He is struggling. Thankfully Ron is home this time around and is very real with the boys. We can pray with them, talk things through with them, love them but, as Ron explained to them recently, they have to make the choice to surrender themselves to The Lord.

Today, Ron presented Andrew and Christian with one of these coins....he read the verse and they talked about what it means to wear the full amour.....



God's armor brings victory because it is far more than a protective covering. It is the very life of Jesus Christ Himself. Boy, don't we all need to feel victorious in Christ.




If you would like one of these coins...I would be happy to send you one. Just leave a comment and I will get back with you as soon as I can.

(It's fitting that Ron would present the boys with a coin....coins are a military custom. The military gives unit coins to their Soldiers. Coins are used as a tool to build morale and used as a reminder of who they are. The tradition probably began amongst special forces units during the Vietnam War.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!!! Drop me a comment or e-mail. How can I get a couple of these coins for my boys? I can set one back for Tanner when he is older but this would be great for Tyler right now. And of course I want something different and special for my boys than the same things we do with our daughter. Playing catch up on reading blogs and lovin' your posts as always!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments