Monday, February 15, 2010

The Birthday Boys!

Andrew and Christian are 12 today!



(My babies when they were 1 1/2)




Gifts for the birthday boys.


I made a yummy home made carrot cake. Christian was a huge help. He loves to work with me in the kitchen.



I can't believe they are 12.






(I have been so sick so I could have cared less that Christian's top and bottom did not match...those of you who know me...you know I must have been borderline delirious.)







Andrew: You came into this world with spunk at 4 pounds 6 ounces! I knew when you were in my tummy that you had a lot of personality. You were very active and you were supposed to be baby number 2 until you "forced" your way into the number one spot. Your heart stopped right before delivery and I had an emergency c-section. You came out beautiful and healthy. I couldn't believe how tiny you were when I held you for the first time. You are definite in your choices and you work hard to achieve your own personal goals. You love Boy Scouts and work hard for your badges. Daddy and I rarely have to remind you of your duties. You are self motivated. You have such a great sense of humor and you are sensitive at times. You made it to 5' tall this year. You chose the birthday cake...you know what you want. I'm so proud of you.


Christian: You came into the world one minute after Andrew. You were a beautiful 5 pound ten ounce baby who struggled for every breath. You were quiet and snuggly. I didn't get to hold you right away but when I did, you snuggled right into my arms and I melted. All the nurses commented on your beauty. You were the largest baby in the NICU III. You are still that sweet, snuggly boy. Andrew may have chosen the birthday cake but you were right by my side helping me in the kitchen. You have grown a lot this past year. You are officially bigger than me. and you think that's so great...you are 5' 2 1/2" and 110 pounds. You play the piano very well, naturally. When you are on the soccer field, you are quietly fierce. You can do anything you set your mind to. I am so proud of you.


I love you both so very much!





No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments