Monday, February 22, 2010

One Year Ago Today....

It's hard to believe....one year ago today Ron and Adam held Lucey in their arms. I met my daughter for the first time over Sk*pe. You can go here to read more about Ron, Adam and Lucey in China.



The first time I saw Lucey.... I captured this image on Skype. I was up all night waiting. I was so nervous I could hardly think straight. Lucey was sleeping soundly in Ron's arms and he was In Love! I was too! It was an emotional moment. It's amazing to me how I met each one of my children in a completely different way...even Andrew and Christian who are identical. Adam was placed in my arms immediately. Andrew was placed in my arms about 3 hours after he was born. I saw a Polaroid picture of Christian hours before I was able to hold him. The picture had "Hi Mom" written on it. I held Christian about 5 hours after he was born. Then there is Lucey...Ron holding her first just like with Christian...he was there with him first. I held Lucey 2 1/2 weeks after she came into our lives. That was meant to be. God had a plan for our family and Lucey was always meant for us....to be a Tucker. She has blessed us beyond what we could have ever imagined.



The guys were so taken by her and she had the greatest little personality from the moment they held her. It was amazing how she settled in immediately with them. Our prayers were answered.

So sweet, so tiny.

And.....a huge appetite.

With Daddy on the boardwalk in Fuzhou....such a happy little girl. She made everyone smile.

She still does....she has the most fun, loving, happiest personality.

She has blossomed this past year. She is very intelligent and learning language like crazy. She knows all of her colors and numbers up to 10. She can count items and does this often. Lucey loves puzzles and books. She is all girl and loves her hair bows and pretty clothes. She is happy, healthy and very attached to us. She has grown too.

Then: She was about 33 inches tall and weighed about 22 pounds when she came home.
Now: She is about 35 1/2 inches tall and weighs about 25 pounds.
We have an amazing support system....all of you who read and post encouraging words. Our family and friends and all the prayer poured over us. I never thought we could do this....adopt a little one from a far off land and one who has a huge medical journey ahead of her. I think of Lucey and just smile. God's Grace has been sufficient. All we need to have is a willing heart and to say, "Yes Lord." It's not easy..it's scary to go beyond ourselves and into the unkown. I like to have control and this journey has been out of my control. As we take steps towards Lucey's first surgeries we will have to surrender every detail to the Lord. It's a comfort to know that all of you are right by our sides, praying along with us.

1 comment:

  1. Celebrate today!!! Awesome milestones of your beautiful daughter's life. Sending you virtual hugs and kisses today! Hi-Five Miss Lucey!

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments