Monday, February 22, 2010

A Date With Adam

Adam and I have been looking forward to the Mother-Son dinner dance for a long time. Adam says they call it the "Mom Prom." I love it! I was so worried about feeling well enough. I didn't want to go and just sit; I knew there would be a lot of dancing and games.

I pulled myself together on Saturday....

My handsome date!

Adam and I had so much fun! I met all of Adam's buddies and their Moms. The junior class is very close and the boys get along so well. Some of these boys have been together since pre-school. The Mom's were so welcoming to me and shared with me how much they think of Adam. Adam fits in so well with these boys and has made close friends in such a short period of time. It warmed my heart to be there and to see Adam in action.
The D.J. was hilarious. He was sure to remind the boys to, "hug your Mom"..."Tell your Mom you love her." Every Mom danced every song. We slow danced, we did the Duck Dance, The Limbo, the "Makes Me Want to Shout," Thriller, The Conga Line.....just to name a few. The boys told Adam it would be the best dance of the year. He laughed but that night he told me..."my friends were right." Those boys can get wild and Adam said it was nice to not have the drama of the girls being there.
I am so happy that God gave me extra energy for that evening. It was a night to remember.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome experience as a mother!!! Lovin' the 'mom prom!' Looks like you had a fabulous time! Congratulations on such a handsome date! ;)

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments