Friday, May 15, 2009

Nearing The End....

....Of The Medical Testing.

We were back at Children's Hospital yesterday morning at 8:00 a.m. We met with the geneticist who went over Hemifacial Microsomia with me. We discussed what other medical conditions this could be an indicator of. We went over the renal ultra sound results and Echo. I want to thank each one of you for your prayers.....Lucey is a very healthy little girl. Her kidneys look great! She does have a very small hole in her heart but I was assured that it was not serious and it should close up on it's own. Lucey had an x-ray of her spine yesterday and more lab work. She's not tolerating tests as well. She is just plain tired of all of this. I was dreading taking her to the x-ray and to get another blood draw so I phoned two people (like the game show "I needed help so I phoned a friend (and a family member)"). One gave me a pep talk and one prayed with me. I felt equipped to move forward and Lucey did great!!! She did fantastic with her spinal x-ray and I met a very special man in the lab. He told me I was a very good Mom and he felt compelled to pray for us. I could tell he had been through a lot in his life and he had turned himself around. He loved the Lord and it showed-- how great is that.

The morning lasted longer than I anticipated--I was tired so I knew Lucey was tired. I put Lucey down for a nap after her lunch and she was not wanting to rest. She wanted to play--that silly girl. I sat in her room for awhile encouraging her to lay down.....


"Can I have one last kiss?"

"Peek-A-Boo....I see you."

"Here's my cute leg....isn't this funny?"

"Are you watching? Oh, she's not looking....she's ignoring me. I guess I'll go to sleep now."
Lucey slept for 2 1/2 hours after all. I was ready to take a nap too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that the morning was stressful. I just hate days like this, and when I get home, I am exhausted. Usually my girls, like Lucey, are too wired to rest, and by the end of the day, they are full-fledged crabs! I am so glad that things tested well. Ruthie lost one of her kidneys about a year ago, and I panic with each new bladder infection. Will you be able to continue with this particular hospital after your move, or is it too distant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece was born with the same facial deformity as your daughter. She just turned eleven and is a beautiful, compassionate and bright young lady. I want you to know that our family is praying for yours. Lucey is an adorable little girl, and I am so glad she has you to love her.

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments