Sunday, March 1, 2009

Going to the Zoo-Woohoo

The Guys and Lucey had a fun day at the zoo with another adopting couple. Lucey is getting to meet many children about her age. Ron and Adam are experiencing a lot of "firsts" with Lucey. Her little world just expanded exponentially a little over a week ago. She is soaking it all in and loving every minute. Her joy amazes all of us. It sounds like her joy amazes many people who meet her. I have to say this again, I can't get enough of watching her through the computer. I watched her play peek-a-boo...I chimed in too so I could be a part of her laughter. She loves that game. I watched Adam hide and then jump out to surprise her and she laughed so hard. She is a fun girl.

I got side-tracked there ;-) --back to the zoo:

Lucey, where's your other shoe? I hear she loves her new Mary Janes. Ron did a great job coordinating her socks to her hoodie. I love you honey!

A new friend--are we a little shy?


The Dads--It looks like Lucey is taking a little snooze. I think all of her laughing wears her out.

She loved seeing the animals and they were very active and playful. They put on a good show.


Adam is such a wonderful big brother. He's got the backpack and Lucey. I'm proud of you Adam. You are so sweet with her. He was tossing her in the air today. She loves Adam and she gets to fly high when she is in his arms. I'm not sure if many of you know this...We have asked Adam to be her God Father. I couldn't think of anyone more suitable. Adam has a wonderful testimony and Loves the Lord. He will be a blessing to Lucey.


It's time to say good-bye to the zoo...what a fun morning. Now it's time to shop!

I woke up this morning to Lucey in these cute p.j.'s. I'm so glad I got some time with her before she went to bed. She fell asleep in Ron's arms.
Ron has more pictures to share; I will try to upload those sometime this evening. We have a busy day today. My Mom and Dad are coming--we are all going to Andrew and Christian's piano recital this afternoon. They have practiced some beautiful pieces and are ready to perform them. Afterwards, we are all coming back to our house for dinner. It will be morning in China so Mom and Dad get to meet their granddaughter for the first time. I can't wait for them to see Lucey Lu.

3 comments:

  1. Beth, After sharing similar dates and reading your blog as travel approached, it was fun to meet your family over here! I know you are anxious to have them home though. Lucey is a doll! Take care, shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley-- My guys told me about meeting you. I'm so glad you did. He really enjoyed talking with you and said we have so much in common. Thank you for introducing yourself. Are you traveling home soon? Have a safe trip! Congratulations on your newest addition!! God Bless--
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, but of course *the guys* are all there together!
    What a wonderful link!!!
    Lucy looks like she is such a happy joyous girl! It's such fun to check in on her latest adventures. Happy week of skype and counting up until they get her home!
    Trena

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments