Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lucey's Visa and Random Photos

The National Visa Center was very understanding and helpful in getting Lucey's Visa processed and into the system after the huge debacle. That word just seemed so fitting. I looked it up and this is the official definition...very fitting!

n. de·ba·cle (dĭ-bä'kəl, -bāk'əl, děb'ə-kəl)

A sudden, disastrous collapse, downfall, or defeat.
A total, often ludicrous failure.


Ron talked to NVC yesterday. We are in the system! Lucey's paper work has been electronically sent to China and the hard copy is in the mail. Now we need the Travel Approval.

RANDOM PHOTOS--LIFE GOES ON:

Jan. 28th---another snow day. We got up this morning to about 5 inches of snow on the ground. My guys are off to sled. I won't see them for awhile. I'm getting the hot cocoa ready. yum.

Monday, Jan. 26th. The snow is staring to fall. We had no idea that we were going to get as much as we did. This is my baby....the youngest by a minute. Christian, "You are really growing up, you are getting so tall. I'm so proud of you! I love you so much!"

Andrew and Christian had their friend, Travis, for a sleep over this month. Travis loves books as much as Andrew and Christian. We let them sleep in the living room this time. Can you believe that they all snuggled in to read. I love this kind of sleep over! BTW--it was all their idea.

A few weeks ago my best friend from high school, Renee, came for lunch bringing her two kiddos. They are precious. I wish I had taken more photos. This is Ian, he is two. He reached out for Christian to hold him. I just love watching my boys with little ones. It gives me a glimpse of how they will be with their Little Lucey Lu. BTW--my friend Renee, and I, had such a great time together. She is such a good Mom! She has an almost 13 year old daughter, a 4 year old daughter and Ian who is 2. It has been a gift to live this close to my loved ones for the past 20 months. We move in 4 months. It will be hard to say good-bye.

Earlier this month we took care of Megan. Isn't she cute. She belongs to my very good friend, Jeanne. I've known Jeanne since my sophomore year in high school. We have kept a long distance friendship for 26 years. When we were young girls, before email, we were very good about writing to each other. Jeanne and her family have moved close to us, just about 45 min. away. It's been so great being able to see her a little more often. We had such a great time with Megan. The boys took turns playing with her. They played hide-n-seek. Megan plopped onto Christian's lap--it was s cute. Christian is the kid magnet. He has such a heart for little ones. Well, he has a big heart period!

Yesterday- Jan. 27th, I tried to home school even though it was a snow day for the kids in the neighborhood. The boys love their guns and they kept coming to the table and were such a distraction. Ron came along and confiscated this collection of weapons. Boys! Before you think I'm a mean Mommy... we only did a few subjects.

Max has a new perch...he can see out the window as he watches the boys playing in the snow and he can monitor the door.
FYI--you can click on the individual photos to enlarge them....it will help you to see my beautiful family better and you can zoom in on the wrinkles Ron and I are accumulating. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments