Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Mother's Intuition...



n 1: instinctive knowing (without the use of rational processes) 2: an impression that something might be the case; "he had an intuition that something had gone wrong"


Just over a week ago I was feeling that something was just not right. I was bugging Ron about my feelings that something in our adoption is not where it should be. The process is so complicated involving many documents, agencies, and people between the US and China. It was hard to say specifically what was not setting well with me so I just simply said, "Something is not right." Ron was not sure what to do with that statement. He is military and things are either black or white with him. I continued to pray over these feelings. God is so good to send me an angel who obediently acted on her concerns and called me to do the same. This is another Mama who is adopting their second from China. She has been a real blessing to me. She and her family have been on their knees for our family praying for Lucey. She prayed our LOA would be signed on Christmas Day and it was! What a Christmas gift. Anyway, she called to tell me it would be a good idea for us to call and check on Lucey's visa. She gave me the phone number and the numbers to push in order for the automated line so I wouldn't have to wait as long as she did listening to the instructions. Talk about completely sweet! As for my friend, they are just a few days behind us in the process and she found out that they were logged into the system and their sweet baby girl's visa was sent to Guangzhou. So I called! I expected to hear the same. The guy on the other end says, "You are not in the system." "What?" "Are you sure....try my social security number, here's my husband's number....my friend is in the system so should we!" and so on......" No, no record!" Okay----we have something black and white to deal with and this kicks Ron into high gear! He thrives on the phone. He loves to make "business" type phone calls and he loves the phrase, "Can I talk to your supervisor?" He is relentless and he gets to the bottom of things-- in a very nice way too! Remember, I told you he is a very calm person. After a few days we learned that our document was stamped with the year 2008 instead of 2009. It looks like the National Visa Center sent it back to the National Benefit Center to be corrected. My guess...it never left the mail room. THANK YOU sweet Michelle for calling and telling me to call about Lucey Lu's visa. We would have never thought to do that on our own. I knew something was wrong! God is so good to put angels in our lives to help us through the difficult times. I'm blessed with many earthly angels.

On a side note...
I am feeling the pain and frustration of being "overdue." I was almost 3 weeks early with Adam and I was 5 weeks early with Andrew and Christian. I did the calculations...We accepted Lucey's Lu's referral on the 1st of April, 2008. An average pregnancy is calculated to be 280 days. So if this is true, we are 19 days overdue. I have had friends who have been well overdue and I remember how completely frustrated they were. How uncomfortable they were. How miserable they felt. I can relate in a way. I have been nesting....we are just about packed and waiting! We are more than ready for Lucey Lu! Please pray that we receive that travel invitation soon!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments