Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Boy Scouts

Andrew and Christian are fully committed this year to their Boy Scout troop. It's a small troop (about 16 boys) which can be an advantage. It's organized, they can get their work done in a timely manner because there is less chaos and the scout master has more time with each individual boy ( a little encouragement). Ron has more time this year to partner with the boys. They love having their dad along! Last weekend the three of them headed out for a two day camping trip with the scouts.

Christian-left and Andrew-right.



Andrew is a Chaplain's aide. He is so enthusiastic about praying with the troop. Warms my heart.




They are never really thrilled with me and my camera but recording these events are so important to me. They were not cooperating so I started saying ridiculous, silly things. I don't dare to share on here....Ron missed it, as you can see... smiling away. (Ron was just fitted for hearing aids. I'll share more on that when he finally gets them. Briefly, his hearing loss is due to his 30 years in the military and the jobs he had.) Andrew-left....is looking at me like I have lost my mind. Christian is trying not to bust out laughing.... I'm usually very "lady like" if you will.... This photo sure beats the ones before it. They looked like they were in so much pain.




They had a great time camping. Ron bought our family a tent and is ready to jump back out into the woods. I have never camped* in a tent* in my life. Not even as a Girl Scout. I'm game. I'll give it a go. I'll take one for the team to enjoy time with my guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments