Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cinderella

After Lucey's speech evaluation yesterday, we stopped into Tuesd*y M*rnings to look around. I rarely go shopping. I love to shop but there is so very little time and I have to drive quite a distance to shop at the stores I love. We do have the store I just mentioned above. I'm looking for bedding for Andrew's room. They had nothing in that department but they did have, at a very low cost, these "glass" slippers. Lucey was so excited and I just couldn't help but buy them for her. She loves to play dress-up and she uses her imagination to create a sweet little world for herself. She also asked in the most polite way and I couldn't resist.


I also bought her three puzzles. She loves puzzles and so do I. They were also very reasonable--to be honest---cheap!



This morning she had fun being a princess and we put together one of her new puzzles. I sat with her but she really does not need me for a puzzle this size. I was enjoying watching her figure it all out.


I had a few things on my calendar this morning and decided to clear them off. I came back from our trip exhausted and 4 weeks behind on all that needs to happen around here. {Just to recap the last 4 + weeks....Lucey's pain which stopped production around here, my parents visit, my trip to St. Louis for surgery and then our trip to Adam's graduation} then caught a cold. I was feeling very under the weather over the weekend. Today I feel much better! Yippee!

Cinderella for me looks more like this.....




I'm actually very excited about getting things around here back to clean...it's not clean here. I also need to organize. Papers are everywhere....to include Lucey's speech eval. from yesterday....the papers just keep stacking up. I have a few prescriptions that need to be filled. Yikes! Important stuff like that just slipping through my disorganized cracks. And there is more that I won't bore you with. Sometimes I become paralyzed when I look around and see all that needs to be done. I know, that sounds ridiculous.

I'm clinging to this today....

Josh 1:9............ "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

2 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer for you sweet friend! I think you have your priorities straight and it will all get done!!! Jesus is right there with you!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, sounds like we live very similar lives! I've been barely staying afloat with all the stuff the kids are bringing home. We have four different fundraisers going on, just had picture day for three different schools on three separate days, add to that sports pictures, and the lists goes on......

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments