Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Safe Trip and Relaxing Evening

Our trip was safe and easy. The best kind. We visited with Mom and Dad for a few hours before saying good-bye to the boys and then heading off to our hotel in downtown St. Louis.

The hospital called to give us last minute information and instructions...

We check in at the hospital at 11:15 tomorrow morning. I would guess that Lucey's surgery will be around 1:00 p.m. She cannot eat after 5:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. Since Lucey does not always like to eat breakfast first thing in the morning and definitely not at 4:30 a.m. we opted to keep her up a little late this evening and give her a snack at 9:30. She cannot drink anything after 9:00 a.m. This may be a challenge. Poor thing....this is going to be hard.

Adam was packing for the trip and Lucey got a kick out of crawling into the suitcases and bag. She loved Adam toting her around in his bag.

We had such a relaxing evening...
Lucey and I eating in our hotel restaurant. The food was very good.

We opted to sit casually at the sitting area. Lucey could walk around and nibble. She loved the egg rolls.

Ron took Lucey for a short swim to relax her. They glided around the pool.

Lucey enjoys the water. We didn't let her get her head wet. We just didn't want to risk any kind of ear infection.

This is the view from the top floor pool area. You can see the Arch peeking out on the left side of the building. The view is wonderful. The hotel is really beautiful.
I need to get some rest...I'm tired.
We are feeling those prayers....thank you so much!
(I got a call while driving to St. Louis that the insurance co. finally had the referral for surgery as of today....talk about cutting it close)

1 comment:

  1. Your hotel view is pretty spectacular! What a pretty evening.

    I cringed when I read that Lucey has to wait until 1 PM. That is soooo late for a pediatric surgery. I remember when Bob (husband) had shoulder surgery a few years ago. He was scheduled for noon, and it was moved to 2 PM. Then it got pushed back to 4 PM, and after a trauma case bumped him, it was not until after 6 PM that he was taken back. He had not eaten since the previous night,and he was fit to be tied. It's a funny memory now, but there was nothing funny at the time!! I probably shouldn't even tell you that right now, but I figure you won't be reading this until after the surgery is over, and I can't believe this happens too often.

    Anyway, I'm praying that her surgery will begin right at 1 PM and that everything goes very smoothly.


thoughtful comments