Monday, January 11, 2010

Potty Time

I know--making a private matter public. But truly, this is something we have been working on over the past 4 days. I have to admit, I wasn't totally enthused about the idea but I knew Lucey was more than ready. She really is amazing....once I showed her what we were doing....she has basically handled this matter herself. I started off with a chart giving her a star every time she went. She didn't even want the star. So the chart was not needed. She is off to her potty without me even knowing. She can pull her pants up and down all by herself, she can use the t.p too. I have strips already prepared for her and sitting on the lower shelf of a plant stand next to her potty chair. She can get up on her little white stool and even wash her hands. The only issue is that she likes to bring me the little bowl out of her potty when she is done. So efficient but I'm scared to death she may trip and spill. Yikes! She is one step ahead of me. We ventured out on Saturday and she stayed dry. Even through the nap on the way to the store. We used the restroom twice in T*rget. Wow....this really isn't a big deal. She has already remained dry through her two hour naps. I hope she continues at this pace.


"I'm so proud of you Lucey! You are such a big girl!"

1 comment:

  1. She is an amazing girl, and I want you to know that she will continue to be in my prayers as she grows.

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments