Sunday, August 23, 2009

Party Girl

Lucey was invited to her first birthday party. We live in a cul-de-sac with three other families. Between the 4 families, we have 16 children. 11 of those kiddos are girls. We all get along great and enjoy one another's company. Today, a little one turned 4. I had to wake Lucey from a sound sleep. She cried a little but once I said the little girl's name, Lucey perked up. She does not know what "Birthday Party" means but I could tell she knew it meant something pretty fun.

She is dressed and ready to go. After all the boy presents I have wrapped in the past....I couldn't resist this princess gift bag. It was darling and perfect for the gift we bought the birthday girl.

Lucey spotted the side walk chalk right away and plopped herself there.

Everywhere she goes, the older girls always take an interest in Lucey. "Let's blow bubbles!"

After some games, the birthday girl opened her gifts. You can see her, the one in the middle, the one with the crown.

Lucey had such a great time. So did I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments