Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of School for Andrew and Christian

I have homeschooled Andrew and Christian for three years. This year, for sixth grade, they are going to be attending the grade school on the fort. It was not an easy decision but we are all in agreement, this year, they need this. They were nervous and very excited. They are in the same classroom (only 17 students) and their teacher is such a kind, very energetic, experienced woman. What a blessing. They have signed up to be in the band. They have other wonderful opportunities to learn about becoming leaders.


Christian, Left and Andrew, Right.

I have mixed feelings about sending them off....I'm going to miss them and I'm going to miss being their teacher. I know they are in good hands though and they will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Beth - So good to hear from you again! I'm going to give you my email address so we can 'talk' more... jcrew5@sbcglobal.net
    We don't go to the IA clinic until next month. We have been to the cardiologist, and he confirmed what we were told regarding Jia's heart. She does have a 4mm VSD and Pulmonary Stenosis, but neither are major and he doesn't see either requiring surgery. She doesn't go back there for a year.
    There is a wonderful Yahoo Support Group that has many families with Goldenharr's. I knew when researching Jia's SN's that the 2 together could by symptoms of a syndrome and Goldenharr was one. So I joined and check in every now and then. There are adults with it and adults who have children with it, so a wealth of knowledge there.
    Let me know how everything is going. We are anxious to have Jia checked out more thoroughly soon.
    I hope we're able to get together sometime too! Even if just for lunch. I can't remember what part of the city you're in, but we about an hour and 10 minutes from Liberty.
    Talk to you soon!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments