Friday, June 6, 2008

Baubles for Baby



Lucey Lou turned One this past Tuesday. I thought about her more deeply that day. Were they celebrating her? I sent special prayers up for her birth mom; I could only imagine what her Mom must have been feeling that day in particular. It's not natural for a mom to give her child up. I could not imagine having to do that myself. I love my children so much I can't even put the feelings I have for them into words that would do my thoughts and my heart justice. I'm sure Lucey's Mom was feeling some emotional pain on Tuesday. I pray that she has a peace about her knowing that she did the right thing and that Lucey will be well taken care of. She put Lucey in a safe place out of complete love for her. That I know for sure.


I had an overwhelming need to send something to Lucey. We called Carol to see if it were possible. Carol got back to us right away (as she always does) and hooked us up with a family traveling to China soon. They are making the delivery for us. I know they have a lot to take so I didn't want to take up their precious space so we chose a few "Baubles" that may help Lucey get to know us and to comfort her.


I love this little Baby Einstein photo book/teether. We put each of our pictures in there to include Max (our miniature schnauzer) and Nana Kathy and Papa Dave so she can get acquainted while we wait. The Little bunny blankie is snuggly soft and I have to confess that I slept with it hoping my scent would become a part of it and that she will get to know me. I love the "Guess How Much I Love You" board book. Someday she will know exactly what those words mean. I read to the boys all the time when they were little (actually, Ron and I still take pleasure in reading to the twins and Ron and the 3 boys have a book they are reading together--just the men--"David" by Charles R. Swindoll) and with all of my prolific readers in this house--she will be read to a lot.
Love,
Beth






No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments