Tuesday, March 16, 2010

19 Years!

I met Ron while working out with our college cheer leading squad. He came up to the gym during practice one afternoon. I remember that moment like it was yesterday....His smile was beautiful-- Ron's eyes light up when he smiles. They still do. He saw me and joined the team. I still think that is so funny. He had just come off of active duty. I was told he was a Ranger...I thought, oh, a forest ranger? He let me believe that for awhile. :-) Anyway, he is an Airborne Ranger . He had been around the world and back several times. He had jumped into combat...the lowest combat jump in History. His roommate died in his arms that day. He survived. As for me....a silly sorority girl with very silly worries. I do believe that the Lord put us together for His purpose. We dated for four years. It was four years of ups and downs...both of us coming from very different backgrounds. We do balance each other. Here we are....19 years later. I could not imagine myself anywhere else. I feel so blessed.



My day was just what I had planned. I enjoyed every minute of March 16th, 1991.
Happy Anniversary--
I love you Ron!
PS...I'm sharing this verse again...it's one I need to visit often. Especially, sadly, when I'm critical of Ron.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 :
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments