Monday, December 22, 2008

A Trip to Kansas

I got a text message from a very special friend last week telling me that there was a death in their family. My heart ached for this family and I felt the Lord telling me to go be with them. It's close to Christmas and there is much to be done but I trusted that the Lord would provide and everything would fall into place. Ron still had work commitments so I told him to stay with the boys. My Mom offered to go with me--thank you so much Mom! This trip would also give the both of us some time with Grandma before Christmas. I left here at 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning; picked up Mom and off we went. We had so much to talk about so the trip went very fast. We arrived in Kansas at 11:30 a.m. We stopped at our favorite place, Paner@ Bread, and picked up lunch for Grandma, me and Mom. My Grandma was so happy to see us. Before we ate lunch we shared a prayer together. My Grandma led us in a beautiful prayer. It was spontaneous, it was lovely and it will be a memory I will never forget. Isn't she beautiful; she is 95 and she means so much to me.

My Dear Auntie M. and Uncle Paul shared their home with us. I love staying with them. It's such a comfort and they always make me feel very loved and special. Their home has a tranquil air about it; very inviting. Thank you Auntie M. and Uncle Paul for making us feel completely at home. I dropped Mom off and headed to Lawrence for the visitation. It's never easy to say good-bye to a loved one. I hope my friends could feel God's love as they grieved for the one they love. I shared a hug, I held their hands...I pray for them. That's all I can do. I hope they know that their friends care about them.

It was a quick trip to Lawrence, my friends needed to be with their family so I headed back to my Aunt and Uncle's.....what a great visit with my Aunt and Uncle. The next morning as Mom and I were leaving, my Uncle noticed a fairly large oil spot under my car. It was my power steering fluid. Darn! I got directions to the dealership to have my car looked at. Praise God that the place was empty, the guy was incredibly nice and he didn't charge me. He checked out my car, added fluid and sent us on our way. Mom and I had a nice drive home; we visited and the trip went fast.

I'm glad we went to Kansas....the trip was a blessing to both of us.

I hope that you are also feeling the blessings of this Holy Season......



No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments