Friday, August 22, 2008

Lucey Lou Update

It's been awhile since I've written about how Lucey Lou's adoption is coming along. The past month has been the most difficult for me so far. The month has had some downs but also some very good news. First, we've had a few documents "expire" so I was on the hunt for new originals and then there were a few silly mishaps....for example, one of the notaries had her name misspelled on her notary stamp. I was a bit weepy after I heard that I had to hunt down yet another document because of this person's mistake. I had already sent our dossier to the courier and then there was more waiting as I ran around town again gathering the document and a signature. It put us a week behind schedule. I have had to rely on patience from God and His perfect timing in this process. Thank you to the Lord for His peace. I'm at peace once again.

Lucey's picture again... Thank you for praying for her.

Lucey at 11 months old. We hope to have an update and new pictures soon.




We have a good start to her room. I'm still looking for drapes. I think she will feel cozy here.





I thought she needed a little monogrammed pillow that "says" I belong here. We are waiting for you Lucey!







I have a few Nell Hill items I purchased a long time ago never thinking they would go in our little girl's room someday.


A few more things for Lucey I purchased recently.




This is it-- The completed authenticated dossier--I can't believe it all finally came together!


I'm off to Ron's office to copy the dossier. I need three extra sets. Ron is going to help me.



The copies are made and Ron is holding the original. He is ready to take it to the post office. I had a hard time letting it go. All that work, all that emotion and off it goes.
Update: It arrived safely to the person who will be mailing it off to China. The dossier will be mailed to China on Monday. What a relief. Now we sit and wait.



We are ready to go! Hang on Lucey-- We are coming to get you soon!
Love,
Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughtful comments