Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Where Past Meets Present Part VI

May 21, 2011~ Adam's High School Graduation.

Our first born~ A huge mile stone....

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Adam's graduating class.

Baccalaureate Mass



We are in the School gym waiting for the graduation ceremony to begin. Nana and Papa, Aunt Marianne and Uncle Paul, Aunt Jennifer and her sweet little guy, and my dear friend, shea!



Adam in the door way preparing to walk.


Adam plays trumpet in the band...they played for graduation.


Tossing their caps.



Our family. (It seems as if Andrew couldn't wait to untuck and roll-up...boys!)



I'm so proud of my Adam!


Adam with proud Dad!


The guys.



The Tucker Men.



Myself, along with several other mom's of graduating senior boys threw a collective graduation party. Each of the boys had a table dedicated to them. On display were pictures and things that represent what they have done and what they are going to do in their future. Adam's table displayed a few of his awards, Sports, Army things (since he is a reservist), The University of Hawaii where he will attend next year and his beloved Woody Doll from his childhood etc....



The food was excellent.


I made the flower arrangements....I wish I had some better pictures of them. The ladies and I went the evening before to decorate.




The Group....those Senior boys are such close friends. Many of them grew up together. A few of them are boarding students from other countries. Adam was the military kid....they embraced him in his junior year when we moved to Kansas. Adam's third High School. This is a special group.


A favorite saying...


Adam and his table.


Adam with his Nana and Papa.


Adam with his Aunt Marianne and Uncle Paul.




My Shea....my boys adore her. She is the kind of special friend who loves my kids almost as much as I do. My boys call her and text her from their cell phones. They love her and I'm so happy she came to be with us (from Alabama).


Sweet Lucey Lu.....



Present--

Lucey is in front of the office building where she does speech therapy. Miss Mary is her therapist. What a blessing she is. Miss Mary is amazing and in three sessions we see huge improvements. Mary is about 60 years old...lot's of experience. She adores Lucey and offered to sit for Lucey if we ever needed someone. Lucey has that affect on others. Such a ray of sunshine.


4 comments:

  1. Loved getting caught up on the graduation~ what a lovely day and your family is beautiful!!! Your photos are wonderful treasures! I can't believe how much Lucey has grown and changed. :) SO thankful she has such a great teacher! Blessings and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations to Adam ~ you must be so proud of your handsome boy!!
    You look beautiful , I LOVE your dress (or skirt?), it's gorgeous!
    Lucey is as adorable as ever ~ I have that same dress from Gap for our girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I invite you to my blog
    www.marriagewithgod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your blog. Congrats to your son Adam who graduated this past year. Sounds like it was such a special time. What is he taking in College this year? Lucy is a beautiful little girl with a pretty smile. She is an inspiration and a hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete

thoughtful comments